Adler happy about shoot out win against Ingolstadt.

Adler Mannheim vs. ERC Ingolstadt (in Heilbronn) 3:2 in Penalties (2:0, 0:0, 0:2, 0:0, 1:0)


After the unexpected loss on Friday against the Heilbronn Falken the Adler won their second game against the DEL Ingolstadt on Friday night in the Kolbenschmidt Arena by a score of 3:2 following a shoot-out. Mannheim has now won three in a row in the European Trophy and with 10 points they have moved into third place behind the top two teams from Sweden. The Adler were once again without the injured Kai Hospelt, Martin Buchwieser, and Christopher Fisher. Felix Brueckmann was between the pipes. The Adler are still in the running for a chance to play in the final in Berlin.

The Adler started the game with a high tempo and were able to create multiple shots on goal. Ingolstadt had problems finding their way into the game and were unable to find an answer to Mannheim’s aggressive fore-checking. Ingolstadt went to the box three times in the First and Mannheim was able to take advantage of their chances scoring two goals, one from Frank Mauer, 1:0, (4 minute, man-advantage), and one from Matthias Plachta, 2:0, (13 minute, man-advantage).

The Second Period was hard fought with emotions running high on both sides. Mannheim’s smooth rhythm from the First was gone and neither team was able to take advantage of their Power-Play situations, so the Second Period ended with the Blue-White-Red still in the lead 2:0.

The Third Period was also full of penalties and the Adler were unable to score a third goal to seal their victory. So what then happened was destine to happen, The announcer had just announced the last minute of play when Ingolstadt scored the 2:1, 40 seconds later they tied the game at two. Following a scoreless over-time the game moved into a shoot-out. Both Yanick Lehoux and Matthias Plachta scored for the Adler and Felix Brueckmann held what Ingolstadt had to offer securing the additional point for Mannheim.

Mannheim has two European Trophy home games this week. Thursday, 5 September they host Jokerit Helsinki and on Saturday, 7 September they will host IFK Helsingfors. Tickets are available through the SAP Arena, the Adler City Store, or on line on the Adler website.

Autograph Session Sponsored by INTER Versicherungsgruppe


On Tuesday, 3 September 3013 at 17:00 the first large Autograph Session on the season for the Adler Mannheim will be held at the Mannheim Hauptbahnhof (Main Train Station). The entire team will be available for approximately one hour to sign autographs for their fans.

The INTER Versicherungsgruppe and the Adler are looking forward to the attendance of the fans and visitors.

Heilbronner Falken vs. Adler Mannheim 4:2 (1:0, 2:1, 1:1)


The Adler lost their first Friendship game of the year against their cooperation partner the Heilbronn Falken on Friday night. Mannheim Trainer Harold Kreis had to once again do without the injured, KaI Hospelt, Martin Buchwieser, and Christopher Fischer. Ken Magowan returned to the line-up and played alongside Jochen Hecht and Jon Rheault.

It only took 52 seconds before the Falken had scored their first goal against Mannheim. Adriano Carciola scored on a slap-shot into the left corner. Unimpressed by the Falken’s early goal the Adler created multiple scoring chances but were unable to get past Sinisa Martinovic in goal for Heilbronn. Even two man-advantage situations did not create the desired results for the Adler.

The fans saw a similar picture in the Second Period as the Adler controlled the puck and Heilbronn had to fight to get the puck out of their defensive zone. The Falken played defensively clever and were able to score the 2:0 in the 33 minute. The Adler were able to finally get on the board on a Power-Play goal from Matthias Plachta, 2:1 (38 minute, man-advantage) but Heilbronn was able to reinstate their two goal lead just over a minute later.

The Adler increased the tempo in the Third Period and were rewarded with a Short-Handed goal in the 47 minute, 3:2 (short-handed). Kreis pulled the Adler Goalie with two minutes left to play but Mannheim was unable to take advantage of the extra attacker, instead Heilbronn scored an empty-netter making the final score 4:2 in favor of the Falken.

Mannheim’s next game will be on Sunday, 1 September in Heilbronn against the ERC Ingolstad.

Champions Hockey League
Eishockey Förderverein

© Die Adler Mannheim Eishockey Spielbetriebs GmbH & Co. KG | Datenschutzhinweise